Wednesday, October 21, 2009

WARNING: This Haunted Story May Be Too Scary For Younger Scholars!

We have been using our five senses to help us add elaborative detail to our writing. Here is a spooky story that we wrote together as a class.

Crunch, crunch, crunch. My friend and I tiptoed slowly to the old, dusty front door of the spooky haunted mansion. It was as creepy as a forest at night. We could hear the owl hooting in the strange, bare trees. Suddenly, a twig snapped and we both jumped back. A shadow crossed the window and it sent shivers up my spine. Our bodies slumped towards the crumbling old steps. We walked through the sticky cobwebs that tasted like old musty bugs. We pushed open the creaking front door and my friend let out an earsplitting scream.

3 comments:

  1. I love the strange, bare tree and tree and the sticky cobwebs that taste like old musty bugs. And yikes, those crunches! This story gives me goosebumps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting on our spooky mansion story. We weren't kidding about the title. I bet it gave you goosebumps! We all had a bone chilling time writing this together. We're glad that you enjoyed reading it!

    Spookily yours,
    403 Scholars

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was exciting to write as well as read. The computer effects made it more fun and scarier. (shiver shiver)

    ReplyDelete